Delicious Cauliflower and Apple Soup!
This unusual flavour combo of cauliflower and apple is something that we definitely wouldn’t usually put together, but it is a combination that just works. We promise once you try it, you’ll love it!
Caramelised cauliflower and sweet apples make this hearty and healthy soup a winner for a light winter lunch or a great way to start off a dinner party three course meal.
This recipe has made it onto our New Year’s week special menu, and if you would like to try it out in one of our fab chalets in St Martin de Belleville then take a look at our New Year’s Ski Deal special offers!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 sweet apples (such as Gala), peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of thyme
- Salt & pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- 5 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan).
- Place cauliflower and apple pieces on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper; toss to coat
- Roast for about 20 minutes until softened and lightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, sauté onion in butter until softened
- Add the garlic, sage and chilli flakes and cook for another 2 minutes
- Transfer roasted cauliflower and apples to the pot of onions and herbs and then mix in your chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Blitz all ingredients using a hand blender until smooth
- Serve with crusty bread and garnish with matchstick apple pieces, fresh thyme and toasted almonds
Bon apetit! xx